Creating Partnerships between School,
Business, and Community
Off Campus Learning at Highwood includes Work Experience, Green Certificate, Registered Apprentices (RAP), and Career Interns.
Students earn credits and learn real world skills out in the workplace.
Learning focuses on employability skills and communication.
Students work in a wide variety of situations from the family farm & local industry to large construction projects in Calgary. Students and worksites are monitored by the Off Campus Coordinator.
School/Community Partnerships have the potential to provide:
– More rigorous and meaningful work experience programs.
– Increased interest by our students in trades/technologies.
– Enhanced relationships between school/community and business.
– Students with strong employability skills.
– Increased confidence and greater consensus among and between community stakeholders.